Saturday, May 16, 2009

Why the passion?

My Devotion
May 13, 2009

Why the passion?


[When I look at the heart of the person within me, I see impurities… imperfections. For all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). I am now changed. God has transformed me. People think I try to be perfect. Nah… that’s useless. I only strive for excellence. This is the excellence that I know. Let’s put it this way, I just have all the time this vacation to finish the work before the deadlines. Let’s rid off all the “I’s” and focus on Him.]

Having the burden to pass the passion to the next generation, the idea of reviving YouthLink just flashed like lightning.

Deuteronomy 4:9 “But watch out! Be careful never to forget what you yourself have seen. Do not let these memories escape from your mind as long as you live! And be sure to pass them on to your children and grandchildren.”

One of our mentors shared, “If you are the Joshua generation beware! After your generation, who’ll be next?” I never knew how important YouthLink is in the God’s Kingdom. What I am sure of is that it is the Lord Himself who started this good work. We are His followers who obey His commands. And upon this immediate call, I believe, spiritual growth will just follow only if we are rightly related with the Lord Jesus Christ. I pray that everyone who is called in their own ministries would really seek and receive God’s word which will specifically confirm their rightful calling and place in this generation. So that when troubles come, each would stand firm on His promises and would never be moved by the discouragement of the enemy but be more fully assured and encouraged that the Lord is with them in all situations.

Joshua 1:9 “This is my command – be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

No comments:

Post a Comment