Wednesday, April 29, 2009

On Relationships

March 1, 2009
Proverbs 20:6 Many a man proclaims his own steadfast love, but a faithful man who can find?

God, I just rejected another guy who invited me to go out on a date with him. Obviously, a child of the living God would not go into that. Lord, I choose to go in faith regarding the partner I have been praying to you. I choose to find my partner through Your way and not my way according to Your divine purpose in my life. Jesus, I stand to my conviction knowing that my labor is not in vain. I choose to glorify your name even in the area of relationships.

Jesus, You know my heart. I surrender to you these longings, including the disappointments and past hurts. I love You and I would love to love You even more. But I praise You for your unchanging and constant love that is immeasureable. Father, please cover me and protect me from these men who’d look down on me and who’d abuse my kindness and accommodation.
Thank you Lord. I give You praise and thanks, in Jesus name.