Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Psalm 42:5

December 2, 2008

Psalm 42:5 Why am I discouraged? Why so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again – my Savior and my God! Now I am deeply discouraged, but I will remember your kindness – from Mount Hermon, the source of the Jordan, form the land of Mount Mizar.

God, you know what happened this afternoon. Once again, I feel so small. I feel so discouraged because of my case discussion in Perio with my professor. Almost no correct answer came out from me. What shall I do? How should I see myself now? Discouragements are all around me but I am just refraining to entertain them. No one is there to console. No one is here to listen. No one will understand the pain in my heart. Is it pride Lord? Am I hurting because of the realization that I am slow in understanding Perio? I have done my part. I studied but the concepts just won’t stick in my mind. If people look down on me as weak, how should I respond? I read David’s writing here. He knows how to encourage himself in You. I don’t envy those who have partners or those who have someone beside them. I refuse to compare myself to them. I am your child and I want my satisfaction and comfort to come from You. I want to know you more in these times. Your word always says that blessed are those who weep for after it they will be laughing in joy. Jesus, I ask that my encouragement would come from You because You alone knows the depths of my heart. You even know my words even before they came out of my mouth. I am now talking out of ignorance because I haven’t known these from personal discovery but by reading your word as added knowledge. God I want to experience more of You. I want to know You more. My hope comes from You. Many will not understand why I cling to You like this. That is because they are still ignorant about You. But even if they criticize my devotion towards You, I’ll just go on because You are my God. I cannot be hindered by these discouragements. Jesus, You are my greatest encourager. God, You are a father to the fatherless.

No comments:

Post a Comment